The rental rate for the gallery ranges depending on the number of hours for your event including set up, break down, and the time frame of your event. This fee provides the use of the gallery space, on-site parking, as well as the use of the gallery’s furniture, sound system, and prep and service kitchen. The rate may vary depending on season and availability.
Kai Lin Art is a retail art gallery. The gallery is available for rentals 7 days a week throughout the year. To check for availability, please contact Kai Lin Art at 404 408 4248 or email@example.com. The date(s) requested for rental is reserved upon receipt of a deposit and signed contract. Kai Lin Art is only responsible for the rental of its public space and does not provide event planning services.
Kai Lin Art provides the use of its furniture during events. The furniture consists of –
Two 53 x 33.5 x 29.5H glass tables
Four 72 x 29.5 x 29.5H folding tables
Six 24 diameter x 42H highboy tables
The gallery also has 2 large trash cans, 2 medium trash cans, 3 small trash cans. Toilette paper and paper towels are also provided. Additional furniture and supplies needed for the event should be brought in by the renter or approved vendor. This included trash bags for any of our trash cans used. Linens are required for all the tables used during the event.
The gallery is approximately 3,000 square feet of space. Depending on seating requirements, catering needs, and audio/visual needs, and any other special event requirements, the capacity may vary.
To check on availability and reserve a date, please contact Kai Lin Art at 404 408 4248 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. First right of refusal will be granted to all reservations.
50% of the rental fee is due at the time of the reservation with a signed copy of the rental agreement. This fee is required to secure the date of the event and is non-refundable. The remaining balance of the rental fee is due 10 business days prior to the event date.
Credit card information is required to be kept on file and will only be used for any damage, excessive cleaning, or staff overtime caused by clients, guests, or vendors.
Liability insurance is required for liability resulting from damage to the gallery property occurring in, on, or around the facility during the event. Certificate of insurance and the remaining balance of the rental fee is due 10 business days prior to the event.
The renter should distinguish between party ending time and house closing time. Party ending time means the time the clean-up begins, the band stops playing, and the bar(s) closes. House closing time is the time when all persons are out of the building. The rentee should establish a time for both party ending time and house closing time before the date of their event.
If the attendance of your event exceeds 100 guests, a security officer is required. For every additional 50 guests, one additional officer is required.
Kai Lin Art has parking on the premises. There is street parking on 10th Street directly in front of the gallery, valet parking at the lot adjacent from the gallery, as well as paid lots around Compound and beside the Westside Cultural Arts Center.
Cleaning of Kai Lin Art is crucial once the event is over. Kai Lin Art has a preferred cleaning service. They are hired to clean the gallery, its floors, and counter tops. They are not hired to clean up after an event, pick up trash or any other items left from your event. Once the event is finished, all items from vendors, caterers, etc. must be removed from the space. The gallery must be left in the condition that it was found. This included all the public outdoor space and common areas in and around the gallery.
The cleaning service will only begin cleaning once the gallery is empty and all items from the event and or trash has been taken out of the gallery. Renters should ensure that the cleanliness of the gallery is maintained throughout your event (see Vendor Rules).
FACILITY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No sign, picture, advertisement or notice shall be installed, affixed, inscribed, painted or otherwise displayed by licensee on any part of the gallery.
- Licensee agrees to leave the facility in a condition acceptable for normal gallery operation next morning.
- No part of said Facility shall be used for gambling, immoral or other unlawful purposes.
- No birds or animals of any kind shall be brought into the Facility (other than trained assist dogs required to be used by the visually impaired). No bicycles, motorcycles, or other motorized vehicles shall be brought into the Facility unless approved by Kai Lin Art.
- Toilets and sinks shall not be used for any purpose other than those for which they are constructed, and no sweeping, rubbish or other obstructing or improper substances shall be thrown therein. Do not pour anything down the sinks.
- Other than ordinary substances used for heating food (for example, sterno containers for chafing dishes), Licensee shall not cause or permit any gasses, liquids or odors to be produced upon or permeate from the License Area, and no flammable, combustible or explosive fluid, chemical or substance shall be brought into the building.
- Kai Lin Art shall not be liable for excluding any person from the Facility or for admission of any person to the Facility at any time, or for damage or loss from theft resulting there from any person, including Licensee.
- All deliveries must be scheduled with an employee of Kai Lin Art.
- The client is responsible for any damage resulting from their guests and vendors on, in, or around the gallery.
- All electrical cords and equipment cables must be installed so as not to present a hazard for guests.
- No confetti, glitter, rice, birdseed, flower petals, sparklers, or smoke machines are allowed inside the Facility.
- Candles must be globed with hurricanes or votives. No open flamed are allowed
- Smoking is not allowed in the facility.
- Any publicity in the written or broadcast media must be approved by Kai Lin Art. Kai Lin Art reserves the right to request a sample of any invitation or announcement for an event.
- There can be absolutely nothing hung, nailed, or taped to the walls at Kai Lin Art without permission of gallery.
- Loud music is not permitted at Kai Lin Art. Instruments using electrical amplifiers must keep amplitude down. Management may instruct band to lower volume or shut down if not able to comply.
- In the event of any damages occurring to any artwork or to the physical condition of any and all public spaces within or around Kai Lin Art itself, the rentee will be held solely responsible and will be billed accordingly. This includes, but is not limited to scratches, nicks, breaks, or marks of any kind.
- Beer kegs are not permitted.
- All trash left over from the event, any and all items brought to the gallery must be removed immediately following the event from vendors, caterers, rental equipment, etc. If any items are left in the gallery, client will be charged extra fees.
- Kai Lin Art must approve vendors contracted prior to the event.
- Kai Lin Art’s rental agreement superseded any contract or agreement a client may arrange with other vendors.
- Choices of caterer, rental companies, entertainment and other vendors are all subject to the approval of Kai Lin Art. All companies must carry proof of insurance, applicable health certificates and local business licenses.
- Kai Lin Art must be advised of any deliveries planned prior to the set up time.
- All vendors must remove their equipment, props, rental items etc immediately following the event.
- Kai Lin Art is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen equipment or objects left in the gallery.
- Caterers must bring all supplies needed for their duties.
- Grilling is allowed outside only.
- Caterers are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and all food services, all the public spaces of the gallery, including restrooms during the event.
- Caterers must collect all glasses, dishes, trash, etc. during the event to avoid unsightly pileup. Rental items such as dishes, glasses, silverware, etc. are to be rinsed by the caterer and neatly placed. Non-returnable items such as paper items should be discarded in trash cans.
- Caterers are responsible for all cleaning of kitchen and all public spaces in the gallery including the restrooms after the event. This includes the sinks, trash, oven, gallery floor and especially the sweeping of the main gallery floors including mopping.
- All garbage bags are to be sealed before the caterer takes them to the dumpster. There will be absolutely no dumping on the grounds.
- There is to be absolutely no food or bulk items emptied into the sinks as they clog easily.
- All empty bottles are to be disposed of in the boxes they came in and carried to the dumpster. Bottles are not to be thrown in the garbage cans. Ice buckets with wraps and corks should be filtered into the trash.
- Caterers are to provide all the necessary tools such as trash bags, can openers, foils, pots, towels, dish detergent, knives, and other supplies necessary to carry out their duties.
(Please fill out application and send to email@example.com)
City State Zip
Telephone (day) Mobile
Date(s) Requested Type of Event
Staring Time of Event Ending Time of Event
Approximate Number of Guests ______________
Caterer _____________________________________ Phone __________________________
Florist ______________________________________ Phone __________________________
Band _______________________________________ Phone __________________________
Security ____________________________________ Phone __________________________
I understand that I am applying for the date(s) above to rent Kai Lin Art. Submitting the application and deposit confirms my requested date(s). I also understand once the rental application is approved, the rental deposit is non-refundable. I understand and have received a copy of Kai Lin Art policies and procedures and agree to the terms there of.
Waiver and Release:
The undersigned hereby understands, acknowledges, and agrees that Kai Lin Art, LLC. (the gallery) is a retail establishment whose sole purpose is the sale of art. By renting the Gallery facilities, the undersigned hereby agrees to waive, release, discharge, and forever hold harmless the Gallery, it’s employees, directors, and shareholders from and against any and all claims, demands, and liabilities to third parties including, but not limited to, liability arising from any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, suits or expenses incurred or which may be incurred as a result of the undersigned’s rental of the Galleries facilities.
In Witness whereof, the undersigned has executed and delivered this Release this
_______ day of ___________________, _________.